Friday 8 May 2009

chicken and rice

weather is showery today. i went to have my friday lunch treat from the turkish place 10 minutes away and i got caught in the rain on my way back. it didn't take anything away from my delicious grilled  chicken and steamed rice though. 

hurt my shoulder in the gym on wednesday. i still had the last of my cold and was not 100% and i tried to force things a little and i strained my left shoulder. it hurt really badly for the last couple of days but its not quite as bad today, though still very sore. it also means i have been getting the occasional shock when i am asleep at night and i inadvertantly turn onto my left side. ouch!!. that stirs me from my sleep pretty quickly.  

work is ok. i really do need some time off, but there is not any plans to take any days off for the next few months. i just need to hold on and its not like i have a choice. well i do have a choice and i could take some days off but i can't really justify losing out on the money and besides, its just shitty weather most of the time and i wouldn't be able to do anything productive with any time off. will dream of california for the next few months. that will have to do for the time being and when i get back from cali, all bets are off and i will be a free agent for hire to the highest bidder. 

none of the people that sit on my group of desks is into football. what are the odds?. because of that i barely speak to any of them in a non-work capacity. i talked more to the guy who made me rice and chicken at lunch than i did with any of my work colleagues. sad but true. 

my job is all it is . a job. work. nothing more, nothing less. it makes everything simple and plain but it would be nice to feel part of something, but i don't, and that is my own doing. i don't really want to feel to ingrained in this organisation or any organisation. i learned a while ago that its not of real value. a friend of mine worked at the internet company i used to work for and a couple of months ago they fired her because they were making cut backs. 10 years of loyal service clearly meant nothing to them. sad but true. 

anyways, the forecast is good for this weekend. will go to the gym and change my exercises to not put too much strain on my sore left shoulder. bench pressing is off the menu for the next few weeks but i should be able to do other stuff ok. 

today i have mostly been listening to blink 182 - always. have a lovely weekend flower. 


No comments: