Saturday 26 May 2012

My dad

The person who I thought was the greatest man in the world passed away in the early hours of this morning. He made me push myself by the example he set in deeds he did and by what he accomplished.

We disagreed often and we had different personalities, but even when I thought he was wrong I never questioned the sincerity and integrity of his opinions or actions.

He was the best footballer in the world when he kicked a football in the park with me when I was 7. He was the strongest man in the world when he would swing me round in the garden. The best engineer when he fixed my bike, the most skilled carpenter when he put up shelves in my room. The cleverest man when he would check my honework and the most strategic brain when he would thrash me at chess.

He always wanted the best for me and all of us and he took care of his whole family. He left us no debt or mortgage but the goodwill of dozens of people who were fortunate enough to know him and us. I had and have enormous respect for him.

He was my dad and he has passed but he will be with me forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

honey! I am so sorry! :( I will be emailing you soon. I hope you are ok. xoxo
V