Monday 3 December 2012

national anthem

christ, its a good thing i have my days free as i have been dealing with so much lawyer and bank shit the last week or so, that i dont know how i would have coped had i been working at the same time. fingers crossed, i wont have much more to do with the lawyer taking care of all my dads stuff aside from a few signatures and details. its taken quite a while to get all the information together and its an effort trying to trace every single account and certificates and insurance policies and other stuff. i think we are close to the end. 

on top of all that, my bank, Santander, did a couple of massive fuck ups which took up a lot of my time. i opened a new account for myself on their advice as the account i had paid no interest and this new one does. rather than have 2 accounts to manage i asked them to move my debits from the old account to the new one. my mortgage being the most important thing and i arranged little things like gym membership of phone bill. i also told them not to touch any of my dads accounts and direct debits as the lawyer was doing all the paperwork and would be in touch about transferring it to my mum. my dad had a mortgage and i have been transferring money into his old account so that the mortgage can carry on being paid as it is, until the names can be changed. 

so what did my bank do?. they cancelled all my dads direct debits before they could get transferred to my mum by the lawyer. cable tv, mortgage, council tax all gone. and they also did not move my mortgage payments to my new account, which they told me to do. luckily i had enough money in the old account to pay my mortgage, but i have spent the last couple of days trying to manually pay all the direct debits that got cancelled from my dads account. i have been topping up his account by a couple of grand a month to make sure there were always enough money to pay for everything and whilst i can put money into his account i cant take anything out. it means i have had to pay all the bills last month out of my own accounts despite transferring money into my dads account so they got paid that way. 

to sum up, when dealing with santander, its always good to have at least 4 months of mortgage payments on hand because there is no telling that they will take the money from the correct account, if they take it at all. fucking muppets. its been such a headache getting all this shit 
sorted with the lawyer and i really did not need these fucktards to give me extra shit to sort out. 

Santander are also the same people who without actually saying the words "drug dealer", "gun runner", "another Nick Leeson" "London whale", accused me of having a suspiciously large amount of money not commensurate with someone who works with computers for a living, when i applied for my mortgage. they had no fucking problem with my money whilst it was accumalating in their accounts but they decided to get religion when i decided to borrow some for a mortgage. its a horrible experience dealing with them. i think this might be a good time to bail on them and move to another bank. i will do so once i get all this other shit sorted. 

also since i have changed my account i asked the people who are renting my apartment to pay the rent into the new account. i told them 5 weeks ago and today i get a call saying they paid in cash and for me to pick it up. cash!!, what the fuck?. its bad enough that they think i am drug dealer at my bank, now i have to turn up with wads of cash to pay in every month. thanks. 

2012 can fuck right off. its been shit. my dad died in may and since then its been pretty awful with the exception of 10 days in NY and cali. please 2013 be good to me, i am not sure how much more i can take. 

today i have mostly been listening to the gaslight anthem - national anthem. this was on my playlist in the US in september. great song. this is an album track from their last album, handwritten. if you are going to buy one album of theirs, dont buy this one. buy 'the 59 sound' its a better album as a whole. saw them on tour around that time and play in hollywood. what a great night that was. i can close my eyes and remember it all. good times. got to remember the good times in times like these. 

No comments: