Tuesday 5 February 2013

beg

my bank, santander, did its best to fuck me again. i made the mistake of parking my car at heathrow airport for an hour and when i was leaving i paid for it by using my bank debit card. it all went through fine and my ticket was validated and i thought nothing of it, until later that evening i tried to buy a mobile phone online. 

sony are doing a promotion where if you pre-order the new xperia Z they will throw in for free a pair of high end headphones that are worth £300. i would never pay that much for headphones but seeing as i was going to get the phone anyway i thought i would pre-order it and get them as well. however, whilst ordering it i kept getting rejected when i entered my payment details. turns out that my bank had put a block on my card because of the £2:90 parking charge, which they thought was suspiscous.????

anyways, i called them up and got them to unblock my cards and hopefully my phone and headphones can come through as well. it was only available to the first 1000 people to pre-order so i hope i have not missed out.i called the phone company from whom i am ordering it and explained to them that i banked with idiots and that they should try and take the money again and it would be fine. what with the debacle of them cutting off the mortgage payments from my dads account that i was topping up, not moving my mortgage payments to my new account, cutting off all the direct debits for bills from my dads account before i could transfer them and accusing me of being an international drug traffiker when applying for my mortgage, i think its fair to say that santander are a bunch of cunts. 

am still training like a beast and weather was dry this past weekend so that i could cycle both days. i was worried that once i had a car or access to a car, i would use it to drive to the gym all the time and not use my bicycle, but actually i have barely used the car at all and am still cycling even when its been bloody freezing. am feeling quite proud of myself for that. 

today i have mostly been listening to bombay bicycle club - beg. they play this at my gym and its rather good.  




No comments: