Monday 21 April 2014

riptide

we are in a 4 day weekend and its needed because i am on my knees. i had not had a day off from work since last july and i feel shattered. as i mentioned  before, i would have been going on holiday in a few days but my request got denied when i asked in february and so i finish my contract in mid may and this weekend i booked a ticket and hotel in tokyo for a week at the end of may. the perpetual headaches and the constant stress and hassle of dealing with shit outside of work as well as in work means i am looking forward to being somewhere completely different for a week and its going to be a life saver. 

i am still having to deal with stuff from when my dad passed away and its been nearly 2 years. Her majesty's revenue and customs are complete cunts. they want to check my dads tax return from april 2012 to may 2012 when he died. its 6 weeks and we already paid the tax, but they want to check it again. fuck me, someone grow a brain there. unless he had income of more than 10 grand in that 6 week period which would take him above the threshold to pay tax, he does not owe anything. seeing as they have all his tax returns going back years, they can see his monthly income from his state and work pension would not be 10 grand in 6 weeks, but they still have sent me another huge form to get filled in. they have sent the letter under the premise that i might be owed a refund for paying too much tax. i dont want a refund, keep the fucking money!. i wonder if dave cameron had to put up with this shit when his old man died. no probably not, eton boys are connected and dont get treated like cunts, thats for the rest of us lower classes. 

anyways, my boss who turned down my holiday has said he is going to be working from home all next week because he has work to get done. sounds like bullshit to me. when projects get down to the wire you need to be in the office and calloborating face to face with the people you are working with, not working from home. the other permie is also working from home on tuesday as well, and the third permie is on holiday. so, out of 5 staff, its going to be the 2 contractors in the office. make of that what you will. no wonder they had to torpedo my holiday request on the premise of a lie that they were going to give me a 6 month contract, when in fact they only offered me a 1 month extension so that they can all take time off themselves. had i known in february that i would only get a month extension i might not have turned down some of the potential job opportunities i got in march and the beginning of april. as a contractor you have to be professional, and i did not say anything, but i think i have been treated a little poorly.

no bother. only 5 weeks or so till i fly to the land of the rising sun. part of me just wanted to fly to southern california for a week and lay on a beach, but i thought i would freshen my mind and try something new. 



No comments: