Monday 1 February 2010

health is my wealth

there is a bit of an ongoing joke with one of my friends where when either one asks how things are, or how work is, we whine about shit and then say at the end, its all good because my health is my wealth. its all done sarcastically but also as a way to acknowledge that although you might have trouble with your boss or hate your job or your bike got stolen or some other trivial thing, you still know what the imortant things are.

anyways, following on from, that my boss has had to go for a couple of brain scans today. yikes, that doesn't good at all. on top of dislocating his shoulder a few weeks ago when he went skiing, this seems like a bad run of things. hopefully its all clear but it makes you wonder.

weekend was quiet as always. still freezing outside but cycled to the gym. saw a couple of nice felt and cervelo bikes going round regents park. trained like a beast on saturday which left me a little tired on sunday, but i still had a good session and bike ride. health is my wealth after all, and we need to do what we can to keep ourselves fit.

applied for a couple more jobs but my phone is quieter than john terry's wife reading a tabloid newspaper....although thats probably only quiet for a couple of minutes before she screams john, you bastard!!.

today i have mostly been listening to patti smith - because the night. bruce springsteen also performs this song and i love that version as well.

take care of yourself. stay healthy

No comments: