Sunday 7 August 2011

15:33....again

my legs felt good yesterday and i did a 16m 53s time to my gym, and yet i got held up in places with traffic and i knew i could have taken a lot off that time had i had a clear run. today i gave it another shot at my record and there are a few lights and turns in the first 6 or 7 minutes that can make or break an attempt at a record time, and this time i managed to catch them ok. i got held up at one place but i knew it only cost me around 5 or 6 seconds and i kept pushing. i knew my legs were good today because there were a few places were i was catching up with cars and overtaking them.

going around regents park i hit a headwind and it was very hard going, and then to top it off i had to come to a complete stop on the fastest stretch of my route because some idiot double parked in the middle of the road and there was no way past. it cost me around 15 seconds at least, but i kept pushing all the way to my gym and when i stopped i got my mobile phone out which has my route tracking and stopwatch app on it, and it was at 15m 33s, which is exactly what my record is. strangely enough i didnt feel as wrecked, physically as i thought i would be and had i not hit a headwind and not stopped on my fastest section i think maybe 15minutes would have been in danger.

...and then on my way home i got caught in a thunderstorm and got soaked to the skin.

today i have mostly been watching an episode from a series called wonders of the solar system. it was on tv a couple of years ago, but i bought it on bluray and i watch one of the episodes at least once a month. its fascinating and very profound. if you have the means i recommend seeing it. you might think differently afterwards or at the very least you will learn something.

No comments: