Monday 19 March 2012

hold on

i went down for an interview this afternoon at the other place that wanted to see me and it seemed to go ok. they didnt ask me anything i didnt know and it was a nice office in a part of london i havent worked in before. its near places i have worked but its always good to have a change and get off at a different station, even if its just 1 stop down from where i have been already.


they called me this evening and they offered me the role and i start tomorrow morning. had i got the contract at the investment bank i might have been in a pickle. it was a longer 12 month contract but it paid quite a bit less. this place is paying the equivalent of my mortgage extra every month. also if past jobs are anything to go by, i tend to get bored after 6 months and i could imagine myself possibly itching for a move in 6 months time had i got the job at the bank. this place i got the offer from have given me a 6 month contract and thats good for me. it takes me towards the end of the year and if i feel like a move i wont feel so bad about jumping ship midway through a project. everything appears to have worked out ok so far.


the other bonus is that like the hedge fund i worked at before, they are casual dress, which means i dont have to wear a suit every day. thats a lot of hasssle after a few weeks. also, 6 months from tomorrow takes me to september 20th and that is the perfect time to fly to california.


today i have mostly been listening to SBTRKT - Hold on. 

No comments: