Saturday 26 January 2013

barriers

saw something beautiful today. i was cycling home from the gym at around 4pm and the sun was still in the sky. have not ridden home under a sunny sky for a very long time. the days are getting longer and the weather was milder than it has been for a few weeks. for the first time in maybe 3 months i was able to ride with out wearing gloves. it might have been a little premature because my hands were bloody frozen by the time i got to the gym, but hey i survived, i am not amputating frost britten finger tips....so things are getting better. 

had another asshole get on my nerves on my bike ride home. i can spot them a mile off now. there are just people in certain cars that are cunts and most of them are in bmw Z4's and X6's and the occasional audi as well. i was cycling on the left side of the road, where i am supposed to be and there were lights about 20 metres ahead of me. i head a car accelerating hard behind me and as it came past i could see it was a bmw x6. he came past me on my right hand side and then when he was a meter ahead of me cut across in from of me and moved so far across that he was with in an inch or two of scuffing his wheels against the curb, and then breaked hard at the lights. what the fucking point of blasting infront of me, cutting across me and then stopping but making sure you dont leave any space for me to filter past. i ended up jumping up on the curb and as i am came past his window i may have said words to the effect of "what you doing you fucking cunt?!". i then turned left and looked at him over my shoulder and called him a fucking wanker to which he beeped his horn. 

i really am not an agressive person but i dont understand what goes through some peoples minds. what are you trying to prove?. why is it so important for you to get to a set of lights ahead of me?. is that a major achievement for you in a shallow empty life?. does it make you feel like a big man?. whats the point of swerving across me and then braking hard?. its only the fact that my prejudices against bmw x6 drivers that saved me. i know they are driven almost exclusively by cunts and thats why i expected him to do something silly. i could have quite easily run into the back of him seeing as i dont have 4 fat tyres and ABS, but 2 skinny tyres on my bike which obviously have less grip and stopping power. i need to be extra careful for about 4 minutes out of 20 when cycling but its amazing how often i come across assholes in that short space of time on major roads with traffic. 

anyways, i still have my limbs and i am able to ride another day and i saw the sun. all is good. 

today i have mostly been listening to suede barriers. wicked tune. 

No comments: