Wednesday 25 September 2013

6 months

it is the last month of my 3 month contract and i was planning on have a quiet word with the guy who hired me to ask if he still wanted me to stay or if i should put the word out on the street that i might be available in 4 weeks. anyways, he beat me to it and told me today that they wanted to offer me a 6 month contract. i was a little surprised to be honest, because i do not really think i am doing that great a job for them in the infrastructure team. most of my time is spent working with the programmers in the development team and i have not really done too much on the infrastructure side of things for them, which is why they hired me. 

actually, they probably hired me to work with the developers so the rest of them would have more time to do the infrastructure work. yes, that makes sense now. that is why they want me to stick around longer. anyways, i verbally said i would do it.....but i saw a couple of other contracts that are paying ridiculous money so i applied to them as well. they will understand if i have to jump ship for silly money. i probably wont even get called in, but like i always say, always apply. let them turn you down. dont turn yourself down. if i stay at this firm for another 6 months i will still be happy. 

in previous posts i have been critical of pharrel and the neptunes. to me a lot of their good stuff sounds like a rip off of teddy rileys production on the michael jackson album, dangerous, and when they have done other stuff its just poppy shite. that song that did recently with robin thicke was shite. that song he did with daft punk, that got to number 1 was shite. 
anyways, after all that, here is when they did something good. 


No comments: