Monday 8 November 2010

crystal castles

a whole weekend without work and it looks like there will be no more weekends for me to do. my project will end this week and my contract ends on december 3rd. very unlikely they will need me to stay and extend my contract and one or two contractors have already left after not being renewed. i heard there are 14 contractors all coming to the end of the contracts on december 17th and by the look of it, i think a lot of them will not be needed and extended. i suspect there will be a huge exodus.

it was dry and cold this weekend and i cycled to the gym on saturday and sunday. hat and gloves were required for the first time this winter but it was good conditions for cycling. clear and bright and no wind. every time i get out i can feel myself getting stronger and i am almost back. in a week or two i will be in good shape.

was thinking i might have the whole of december off and whilst part of me thinks i will get bored out of my skull, i also think it might be good to go training every other day and also i want to do the SQL 2008 exam. i also have a few books that i want to read which i just dont get the time to do during a normal week. have also looked into going on a course for exchange or sql in december and you can get a really good deal if you book late.i think i will have some options if i get some time on my hands

applied for a role at another investment bank today. dont know why. am already wondering what might happen if i get it and would be gutted to miss out on some time off.

anyway, today i have mostly been listening to crystal castles feat robert smith - not in love. lovely stuff.


No comments: