Thursday 24 November 2011

the same deep water as you

thats another reason why i hate winter. i have a fucking cold. headache, blocked nose, sore throat and feeling shit. i havent been to the gym because i am too tired when i get home from work but i will make a point of going on sunday and get a long session in the steam room. it clears your head. football got cancelled tonight as well, as we couldnt enough people together. not dissapointed. i really shouldnt be out there in the cold. 


tomorrow its my usual friday of starting at 2pm and finishing late though hopefully we should be done by 10. then its back in on saturday morning. these 6 day weeks over the last couple of months are really taking out of me. only 3 more weeks to go and only 2 more weekends to go. need to keep thinking of the money. keep reminding myself that i will be in socal in a few weeks. 


one of the senior pms took me to one side yesterday and told me that i was going to get a 4 month contract extension taking me up to april. i also got a call today from the agent representing me for a role at the other hedge fund i interviewed at and he tried to convince me to drop my day rate. i told him that it was looking more likely that i would get an offer from my current place and so there was no incentive for me to leave if i was going to get the same money elsewhere. i might as well stay, working with a good team and knowing all the systems. told him i didnt feel the need to drop my rate. will see how it goes. i dont think i shot myself in the foot...but you never know. if my current company doesnt come through with the new contract i could be fucked. dont matter. 


bought a new book to read. its about patrice lumumba, the first elected presented of post colonial congo. have just read the first few pages of the lumumba book as i am reading the autobiography of fidel castro at the moment, but both books are fascinating. if you have the means i cant recommend the highly enough. i might read it on the plane if i havent finished it before i go on holiday. 


today i have mostly been listening to the cure - the same deep water as you. this is from what is probably my favourite album. epic. 












No comments: