Sunday 9 December 2007

back on the road again

bought a new bike today. i ordered it last week and today i went and picked it up and brought her home. had to put it in the back of the car as the weather is terrible what with it raining and dark all day. i didn't want to ride it for an hour in the rain when its brand new. hopefully it will be dry next weekend and i will be able to ride it to the gym at least one day.

my course finished last thursday and it was back to work for me on friday. the contrast was quite a shock. i went from learning really interesting things and feeding my brain with knowledge from monday to thursday, to switching my brain off on friday and doing the dullest most boring shit ever.

am really hoping my contract doesn't get renewed. either way i will be out as soon as i get something but it would just be more convenient for me if it didn't.

a couple of people i used to work with invited me to the christmas party at my old work. i told them i would not be going. i still have some really good friends there, but i will get to see them and i don't know most of the people there now, and besides all that is behind me.

thats about it really. nothing out of the ordinary planned this week. i am back to studying and i am hoping to take my exam in the next couple of weeks. if i pass i will be vmware certified and there looks like there is a lot of demand for people who can do that. we are incredibly hopeful for the new year......as i am every year.....but next year i think is going to be extra special.

today i have mostly been listening to radiohead - jigsaw falling into place. its from their new album and its the best song on the album that i have heard so far. its wicked. they are playing 2 nights in london in the summer. i might go but i might not because its in a big park in east london and i would prefer to see them in a proper venue as opposed to standing in a big field.
....right then, its a sunday evening and i have done my laundry and ironed my shirts for the week ahead at work. time to hit the books for an hour or two. one day there will be a day when i am not studying, and i look forward to that day, though i hope i will have something better to do with my time by then. :-)

take care and have a good week.

No comments: