Friday 3 April 2009

last one

not pretending like i am some wordly wise oracle or something, but if i didn't know any better i would think that my boss is toying with the idea of leaving this place at some point in the not too distant future. i can't quite put my finger on it but i just get that feeling. we shall see.....or maybe we shall not see because i probably won't be here and will have moved on myself, by the time he does decide to leave..or not leave. whatever. 

football was good last night but getting in late and waking up early has made me feel tired today. got in a little extra late as i tried to help a couple of guys out changing a tyre on their car, outside the train station on my way back home. the tyre had come off the rim and the actual rim had smashed. i looked at one of the guys and said jesus, how did you do that?. he didn't really answer back but the sleepy and glazed eyes might have had something to do with it and there was a pungent smell in the air. i suspect some herbal cigarrettes may have been blazed moments earlier which resulted in diminshed co-ordination beihnd the wheel, which lead to an incident with caused the smashed wheel rim. anyways they didn't have the right size socket and we struggled away for about 10 minutes but it was no good and i left them to it as i had to catch my tube. 

after calling me a couple of weeks ago about maybe coming to california with me, my friend has gone all quiet again and not come back with any suitable dates for when he can go. typical. i will remind him, but if he doesn't come back with anything and starts stringing this thing out, then i will just go ahead and book my tickets and start making my own plans in the next few weeks. i don't want to screw around with this. i just want to get it booked and done. 

took my exam at lunchtime today and passed. that really could be it for a little while now and this was the last of the latest set of exams based around window 2008 and virtualization that microsoft has released and that i can take. there won't be a new version of server coming out for at least another 3 years i reckon, and previously i have never gotten so certified so soon. i did all the exams with in a couple of months of them being released. 

have a good weekend cali girl. i shall be resting away from my computer and books. you take care of yourself. 

today i have mostly been listening to la roux - in for the kill. 

No comments: