Thursday 9 April 2009

a place called home

went out with some friends in shoreditch last night and it was a good night. haven't been out much recently so it was good to see people and catch up. have been staying in a lot either because of study and revision or just because the weather is shite in england at this time of year. 
anyways, i literally had to run to catch my last train home and it would have taken me ages to get home on the night bus had i missed it. 

good thing i am on the late shift this week and was able to get some decent sleep before coming to work. would not have stayed out so late had i been on earlies. still feel a little tired today, but will shrug off my lethargy this evening in time for football. am going to give it a 110% tonight as i missed a gym session this week so will have to make up for it by running myself into the ground tonight. 

thank god (literally) for the long easter weekend. i really do need a couple of days off to get a break from work and reset my brain. aside from a few days at christmas its been work everyday since the end of september. feel a little tired in the head, not insane in the brain, just tired.  

my new contract came through and it officially runs till july 31st. i think that as long as i keep my head down and do some work and not break anything it will get extended again, which at least will give me a job till the end of the year and into next year if nothing else comes up, but i will look around and look to move on at some point when the market recovers. things still look pretty bad out there and i do know i am lucky to have what i have. 

that said even though i do like my job and the people are nice and its in a convenient location, i am pretty sure i will leave at some point probably within the next 12 months. it doesn't sound like it makes any sense to do so but it does to me. i still quite haven't found whatever it is i am looking for, which bring quite nicely to todays song, which is one of my favourite songs ever, PJ Harvey - a place called home. its wicked. its about finding somewhere to settle at some point in the future, which is a bit like me at work these days. 

look after yourself V.


No comments: