Friday 28 May 2010

slash

tis my last few minutes at my current contract which has been my longest at 15 months. went and bought cakes and doughnuts for everyone on my floor and have had some nice mails wishing me well for my next job. only thing left for me to do is to get my final timesheets signed off and faxed so that i can get paid for this month.

i also heard back from the new place i will be moving to, and they have finally seen sense and i will be starting there on June 7th which gives me a week off to get some sleep and reset my brain and remember what life feels like with out starting each day on a crowded train packed in with smelly commuters.

one last thing.

at lunchtime i walked about 10 mins from my office to go to a turkish restaurant that does the best kebabs. a couple of doors down is a tv production office. as i was walking up the road i could see 4 guys standing outside it talking in front of a blacked out minivan. as i got closer i recognised one of the men standing there. it was slash from guns and roses. he looked exactly the same as he does on tv. i couldn't believe it was him but it was and i walked straight past him and got a good look.

today i have mostly been listening to guns and roses - night train.

No comments: