Saturday 18 December 2010

tree of life

a quiet week and am still not bored of not working. 2 whole weeks i haven't worked for now and it still feels good. got a couple of calls over the last couple of days about a couple of roles that are looking for people. one the roles is really good and its a hedge fund and it sounds like it might be really good. its project work which is what i want to do. we shall see how it goes.

went out on thurday night with a bunch of friends in shoreditch and had a really good night out. had to leave at just after midnight as i wanted to catch my last train home. as i was walking through the station i saw my last train was already at the platform and so i started sprinting to make it. i ran up some stairs and missed a step, started stumbling and thought i was about to regain my balance when my ruksack slipped off my shoulder and i stepped on it and i went flying face first on to the walkway over the platform. it was a brilliant comedy moment. anyways, i ended up missing the train and having to get another train which only got me halfway home and then it was time for the night bus.

went out again last night and had something to eat in farringdon and then went on to a few bars in farringdon and shoreditch. all good fun.

snow came down with a vengance today and we got about 5 inches this morning and afternoon, so no gym for me today. i am not even sure if the buses are running but i doubt it. cycling is out the question. i have slick tyres on my bike with no tread on them at all that are good for gripping on smooth dry tarmac. wet roads can be a bit a problem and 5 inches of snow is a no go.


above is a view of the yard from my kitchen.

anyways, i will try and get to the gym tomorrow. nothing else planned. will need to chase up about my mortgage on monday. it would be nice to get all the stuff done with the new flat before i start having to concentrate on getting a new contract in the new year.

they just released the trailer for a new film from one of my favourite film makers, terence malick. thin red line and the new world are two of my favourite films. this is his new film which comes out in may. it looks epic.

No comments: