Thursday 6 January 2011

warakurna

we are emerging from a financial crisis of which one of the main causes and symptoms was individuals and corporations and governments borrowing more than they could afford to pay back if conditions changed. banks and goverments ended up getting bailed out, while many individuals lost their homes and have been left with terrible problems. there was no bail out for them.

whilst all this was going over the last few years i was fortunate enough to be working all that time, and most of my time was spent at investment banks being overpaid. i didnt let it go to my head and start buying expensive watches or a flashy car. i still have my bicycle and my casio watch. i didnt go on holiday to the caribean or the seychelles, i kept going back to new york and california for a week or two and staying with my family and friends.

my point is that i didnt live extravagantly and saved my money. today i got a call from the bank (santander) that is arranging my mortgage. i had transferred quite a lot of money to them in preperation of giving it to them as my deposit for the flat i am in the process of buying. anyways, today they call me and asked me where i got all that money from and how it was suspicious for someone to be buying their first place to be able to put down such a big deposit. they also informed me that they wouldnt be giving me a mortgage and so jeopardising the whole deal. basically they fucked me in the ass. i told them i worked for that money and it was my life savings. i am not a cocaine trafficker and am not involved with mexican drug cartels. idiots.

even my mortgage advisor who i am dealing with seemed emabaressed at the excuses he had been given by them to give me. he said he would appeal their decision if i could get a letter from my accountant saying all the money was earned by me and had been taxed and declared. i already gave them that information but they said they wanted reconfirmation again. cunts!.

they fucked over people and gave out mortgages on the slackest lending standards a few years ago, and now when you get someone like me who has been responsible and has saved 55% of the value of the property and is putting that sum down as a deposit, therefore giving no risk to the bank, they fuck me over too.

i went to another bank this afternoon and started making arrangements to get a mortgage from them and they all seemed to think it wouldnt be a problem. only problem is that its going to cost me a thousand punds more. i will find out what the score is with the appeal in the next couple of days, but if it all goes to shit i will have to run around and get this other mortgage sorted out at the other bank and just jump through more hoops to get it done. its turning into a hassle.

the moral of the story is that the bank, santander are a bunch of cunts. i have been saving my money with them since i was doing a paper round when i was at school. hundred of thousands of pounds have been deposited with them from various jobs i have had and they turn around and treat me like shit and basically accuse me of being a fraudster.

today i have mostly been listening to midnight oil - warakurna. this comes from the album diesel and dust which is one of the greatest albums ever.


No comments: