Wednesday 27 February 2008

2 this week

I have 2 interviews this week. One of them i would quite like as its quite a good company and they are paying quite a lot, but its still based in canary wharf, which is a slight negative. I would take it if they offered it to me though.
The other interview is at a cool electronics, games company in a really nice part of town and but i am not so sure about that place. Am wondering if i get out of investment banks, will i be able to go back in at some later date or will i face the same problems i had breaking into it, like i did i a year ago?. I hope not because i have almost a years experience now and 2 big banks on my CV and that should count for something. the other good thing about the games company is that i think it will be jeans and trainers to work. thats a big plus. its also only a half hour from my house and its a 10min walk from my gym. the money is a little bit more than what i get as well. actually i think i just convinced myself that it might be worth taking if i got offered it.

We shall see how it goes. A decision does not need to be made as i haven’t landed anything yet. Will worry about that if and when i have to.

I had to send a mail to my boss saying i needed to finish up early tomorrow and that i had an “exam” on Friday and asked if i could go out for a couple of hours. He still hasn’t replied. I hope he says i can. Actually he better say i can because i already told the recruiters i am going to the interviews.

Something might happen soon. Ironically work has been ok this week. I actually have something to be getting on with, which is good. Still keeping my mouth shut and trying to get on with my work quietly and efficiently as i can. It can be quite difficult but thats the way it is. I make sure i go out for a walk at lunchtime just to get some air and stretch my legs. Sitting at a desk all day is not good and i am still not used to it. I walk all the way across canary wharf to the supermarket where i buy my sandwich from. Its in a shopping centre and i do a bit of window shopping on the way as well. Saw a lovely watch by made by IWC today that cost £11,250 ($22,000). Just out of my price range.
.....Besides, i don’t need it . my Casio is wicked. :-)

.......spoke to my boss and he said i could duck out early tomorrow and take a long lunch for my "exam" on friday. now, lets see what happens........

Today i have mostly been listening to placebo – sleeping with ghosts.
....soulmates never die.....

look afteryourself V.

No comments: