Friday 15 February 2008

another week closer to the end....

I really could just walk away from this job. I could do it......but i won’t till i have something else lined up. That would be the right thing to do. If nothing comes through it means i will stay. I blow it up out of proportion sometimes about how bad it is, but i have had it worse. At my last place i had to sit next to an asshole for a few months and that was painful. Sitting here, where i am now like a mute at my desk is something i can do for a bit longer.

My co-workers are OK. I wonder what they must think. I hope they think i do good work but am quiet. actually that is what they think. I got spoken to by the team leader on Monday after coming in 15 mins late for the 3rd time. Mother fucking trains were screwed up again. He said that he was really happy with the quality of my work and that i was a clear communicator, but that i had to get in on time. Seems fair. I now leave for work about 30 mins earlier every day on the assumption that there will be a problem on the trains and there usually is. Am not really used to coming into this part of town and so just getting myself used to the way the trains operate and the time it takes to get to work.

Did i mention that Canary wharf is a horrible place to work by the way. I think i may have but with each passing day i realise just how shit it really is. No nice bars, no nice restaurants, no nice places to go out to nearby, its just horrible. None of my friends work round here so i can’t even meet any of them for lunch.


I want out of here but it might take a little time. Actually had a couple of calls about a couple of jobs this week. Maybe something will come out of it. If not, i will keep applying but stay here tapping away on my keyboard, doing my work and applying for jobs in the hope of getting out.

Off out tonight in Shoreditch. A friend of a friend is in a band and they are playing tonight and so we are going to go see them. i’ll be the one in the suit and tie amongst the skinny jeans, trainers, tattoo’s and long hair crowd. Don’t think many of the suits in canary wharf are into indie/punk/skater bands. These lot probably listen to crap like amy winehouse type starbucks jazz, or generic indie shite like babyshambles or razorlight or whoever the music press or radio1 is saying is cool at the moment. Think for yourselves people!.

Today i have mostly been listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Maps.

have a good weekend V and take very good care of yourself.

No comments: