Wednesday 23 April 2008

leap of faith

Had my contract not been renewed, yesterday would have been my last day at the bank, but about a week ago they offered me a renewal and i accepted it. I had been applying for stuff but it just went stone cold in the job market in april and so i figured i would take the new contract for another 3 months and then see what happens.

Well in slightly ironic timing i have had calls yesterday and today about new contracts available at other banks paying good money but that want people that can start in a week or two. Both times i have said i would be interested in them but as soon as i said 4 weeks notice they backed off and said they weren’t sure if they could wait that long.

I know it sounds really ungrateful but right now i am wishing my contract had ended yesterday. There is a contractor here in our department that had been here 18 months and her contract has not been renewed and she is a little pissed about that, and the fact they renewed my contract even though i have only been here 3 months.

I think in this game you need to make a leap of faith and i am wondering that the next time my contract is up for renewal i may just not sign it, even if i have nothing to go to. I think i will need to be brave and hope that something will come through. We shall see how it goes.

Out tonight in Shoreditch with some friends. Exam on Friday. Nothing else.

Take care Californian girl in Phoenix.

Today i have mostly been listening to Marvin Gaye – inner city blues, from the classic album, what’s going on. its my favourite song from that album. His voice sounds incredible on it and I love listening to that album if i am up late at night. I think he recorded another couple of albums after this and then got capped by his old man, which was very tragic indeed
.

No comments: