Friday 11 April 2008

you want me to stay?....why!?

I got called into a meeting room yesterday with the teamleader and he told me that my contract was going to be renewed for another 3 months. It was due to finish in a couple of weeks but he said they were happy with my work and hoped I would accept the new contract and stay for another 3 months.
I said it was cool and I will sign the new contract in a couple of weeks, but that doesn’t mean I am going to stop looking. It’s just good that it buys me some time to get something else. The job market is absolutely dead at the moment in financial companies. At our bank they have let quite a few people go and are restructuring. Hopefully things will pick up soon. The longer you keep looking the more chance you have of finding something. It’s just a question of being there and available at the right time.

Was a little surprised they renewed my contract as I don’t really do that much work. I was always critical of people at my previous jobs when I thought they were lazy and not doing anything, and I am not blind to the fact that I am now doing not much. If there was stuff to do I would do it, but there isn’t that much for me to do. have started studying in the quiet times at work and have booked another exam next week. Am going to keep the pressure on and not let up or get comfortable. It breaks if you don’t force it....it breaks if you don’t try.

Bumped into a guy that I used to work with, in the shopping centre in canary wharf. He did not sound very happy with his new job. He works for an internet company, but one that is larger than the one we used to work at. It sounds like the same kind of silliness that used to go on in my old company is going on at his. Basically it sounds like he is working with dumb ass, lazy incompetent idiots. He really seemed down about it and said that if his wife was not due to have a baby he would just walk out of his job, because he hated it so much. When you hate your job it can really get you down a lot. I suppose I am lucky in that I don’t hate my job. I just want to move on because I am bored and want to progress, but I don’t have to deal with assholes and I pretty much get left alone to work (or not work in my case) at my own pace.

Today I have mostly been listening to korn – beg for me.

Have a good weekend V. It’s a big month coming up for you. i really hope it all goes well. take care

No comments: