Thursday 22 July 2010

there there

in the last week i have had 2 friend requests on facebook from 2 people i used to know. one of them was a school friend who is now an IT contractor and was one of the people i was referring to in my 75% of IT contractors are pricks, post i did a couple of weeks ago.
the other is from idiot tech boss who i worked at the internet company with a few years back and who i constantly slated as being lazy, a fraud and a chancer whose sole purpose was to talk shit.
why would these people send me friend requests on facebook?. the fact that i don't mail or call them should be a little hint. what makes them think i would want to share any details of my life with them, given the fact that whilst i knew them i never did and it was fairly obvious i thought they were idiots.

i am not into the collecting of friends in facebook thing, that people get into. i know some people that have 70o friends. i might have spoken to 700 people in my life but there is no way i would want to update these people with my status of pictures or anything like that. maybe if i was 16 it might be the type of thing you would do in competition with your friends because you don't want to be seen in school to only be having a few friends, but i am not 16 and i am quite happy with my 25 facebook friends and don't feel the need to add too many more. if someone i like sends an invite i will accept it, but not for those who i think are assholes just to get my numbers up.

i ignored both of the recent requests. i am actually due to meet up with the IT contractor prick in a couple of weeks as a few guys from school are all meeting up. i wonder if he will ask me about the facebook snub. i will do my usual and say i hardly check it and am thinking of deleting my account because of privacy concerns with the site. that usually does the trick.

cycled to the gym last night. its lovely on the warm summer evenings and i also got a new phone that runs android and i got an app that lets me measure the time and distance i cycle and my max speed and average speed and other stuff. its very good and its free. anyways, its turned every bike ride into a competition now and i find myself trying to beat my personal best times or my max speed. i only average around 24km/h for the 17 minutes it takes me to cycle to the gym from home which is not bad considering its central london with traffic and in my head i imagine i look like Fabian Cancellara or Alexander Vinokourov on a time trial or on a 140km solo breakaway at the tour de france. Vino is a monster of a bike rider.



today i have mostly been listening to radiohead - there there.

No comments: