Friday 20 June 2008

how shall i put it

How shall i put it.......the reason for leaving that is. There are a couple of ways to go, one more honest than the other.

Maybe i could say, hi, just wanted to let you know that i won’t be renewing my contract when its up at the end of july, mainly because i find the work mind numbingly boring and uninspiring, and learning about all your convoluted procedures is something i have no interest in whatsoever...as you may have noticed by my constant questions asking who i have to mail for that particular task, or how and to which team i have to log that ticket that takes 30 minutes to fill out, but is for a task that takes 5 minutes to do.

Oh by the way, a network service like DNS is not ‘computer hardware’ despite what your ticketing system says. You might want to change that. one more thing, you might want to consider running just one task allocation system instead of the three you currently have, to which any task can be randomly assigned to. You could probably save money, become more efficient and it would just be common sense, not that common sense is something banks like to encourage. Half the people here would be out of a job if we asked people to use common sense.

You see, i only worked at this place so i could get some experience and exposure to technology, which has been pretty little when you add it all up, and also to get the name on my resume. For some bizarre reason, investment banks really only like to hire people that have worked in other banks, despite the fact that there is nothing special about working here, and i really do mean nothing special at all. anyways i write on my resume i have done 6 months and thats more than enough for me. onwards and upwards.

Where am i going?, you may ask......well i am going to explore America for a few weeks which will enrich my soul and spark my imagination, and after that i plan to get another contract somewhere and a contract that unlike this job, not only pays well, but is also interesting. Thanks for all that money you paid me by the way. Its the most money for the least amount of work i have ever had. If i was unambitious and concerned with only getting grand titles like vice-president or senior vice-president, i would stay and carry on collecting your fat pay cheques. fortunately there is something inside me that pushes me forward and drives me and i think i can do better than this. good luck with everything. i hope it all goes well, whatever it is. Thank you and goodnight.

Or, i could just say, i am not going to renew my contract because i am going travelling. Thanks for all your help. Good luck. Byeeee.

I think i will go with the last one. Yeah, thats probably the way to go.

Have an absolutely wonderful weekend back home in southern California, V.

Today i have mostly been listening to George Michael – waiting (reprise)
The road that i have walked upon...
It filled my pockets and emptied out my soul...

No comments: