Friday 13 June 2008

knoxville

Had been minding my own business planning my road trip. well i say planning, it was more like day dreaming about it and various things we could do or see. Worked out that its probably better to see nine inch nails in Knoxville, Tenessee on august 12 at the beginning of the trip. That way i figured it would give us more time on the western side of the US, which i think might be more interesting....no offence intended to people in Oklahoma Arkansas and Texas, which i think we will just blast through as fast as we can.

....and then today i got a call about a job. They want to call me in for an interview. Shit!. The irony of the situation is not lost on me. A couple of years ago i couldn’t get an interview at all when i was so desperate to leave my company at that time, and now i am getting interviews when i would rather not have any. It show that progress has been made though and thats a good thing.

I genuinely would prefer to not land a new job now, but as a contractor i can’t afford to turn down too many opportunities when they come up. We shall see what happens. Have given myself the deadline of the first week of july to get my plane ticket booked. Before then, i am available and after then i will still go for jobs if they come up but will just have to tell them i will be lost in America in August and thats that.

Otherwise, the perfect outcome is that i leave my job in the first week of august, drive across America for 3 weeks, and then come back and get a really good job in september, paying lots of money and doing interesting work. That would be almost perfect.

Been studying for my exam thats in a few weeks and one of the guys here asked me if i was leaving. Didn’t answer the question but they know that i have been doing exams completely unrelated to my current job and i suppose i can pretend like i am not letting on that i am looking to leave but ultimately my actions make it pretty obvious. oh well, not bothered.

At least its Friday today and thats another week down. I will be leaving my job in 8 weeks if they agree to having me stay for an extra 2 weeks to cover one of the guys who is on holiday. Otherwise i will be off in 6 weeks. The end is very near. I know i just have to get through it and i will.

Take care V. Its been a couple of weeks since i heard from you. i know you are very busy these days and i hope you have been taking care of yourself and keeping well. i always worry about you and how you are getting on.

keep smiling. :-)

Nxx

Today i have mostly been listening to The Who – Behind Blue eyes. its a great song but i bet it sounds even better when you are listening to it driving through the desert late at night.

No comments: