Monday 5 January 2009

back with a bump

had my nice 4 day weekend to start 2009 and now its back to work with a bump on this monday. i did what i had to to do and made it to the new year and a bit like george bush, these should be my lame duck months as i wait to leave office some time soon, although saying that, george bush has been a lame duck for about 3 years and you could even argue he has been lame since he got elected.

anyways enough comparisons with that retarted cowboy, its a new year and i have my interview and drinks at a company that might be looking to hire me, on thursday. in the meantime i will also apply for other jobs i see because if there is one thing i have learned, it is never to take things for granted and only have one plan. my plan B has been used so many times it really should be my plan A, hence i shall have that interview as my backup and keep pushing on with looking.

my training has been all out of whack the last couple of weeks as football has been cancelled and my gym has been closed on some days over the holidays. i did go yesterday and tried to take things up a level. the new year is good motivation to set some new standard and push things on.

i finished reading my book about motley crue - the dirt and it was the best book i have read in a very long time. if you like motley crue you should get it and if you don't like motley crue you should get it as well. its very well written especially the chapters by nikki sixx. the usual mix of lots of sex and drugs but also some really sad stories about people dieing and broken relationships and some really funny anecdotes as well and they don't take themselves too seriously and are self critical.

thats it really for today. its been absolutely freezing today and the forecast is for it to get colder tomorrow and stay cold all week. please tell me we have broken the back of this winter. i shall post again after my interview.

today i have mostly been listening to motley crue - saints of los angeles.

No comments: