Monday 26 January 2009

last monday

well, we finally made it to the last week here at the bank and it feels good. strangely enough it almost feels like the first day of spring today as well, as i walking to work this morning. the air does not have the harsh bite of cold like it has had over the past few months. it is quite pleasant outside today even though we are still in january. the weekend was cold and wet but today the gods are smiling on me.

i might go for a drink with a few of the people that i work with at the bank, on wednesday night. i don't know many, but i know a few people, and its good to be sociable. have been very unsociable in all my contracts that i have had because i have always started at places knowing i would be gone in a few months and along with the fact that as a contractor you just get thrown into the huge organisations with very little introduction to anyone, you just fade in amongst the masses. hopefully things will be different at the new place and they already seem a lot friendlier from my one meeting with them.

actually as an example of how little we get to interact with people, and how faceless these places are, the girls in the sandwhich shop where i get my lunch from, know me by name, but i would bet 10 pounds that the guy that sits 2 desks from me, has no clue who i am. sad but true.

anyways, its my last monday here so its a good day. this week will be gone before i know it.

today i have mostly been listening to starsailor - tell me its not over. ..........oh yes it is!. wicked tune.



i miss you my friend.

No comments: