Wednesday 7 January 2009

falling down

there is a canadian guy who works on my floor. he is a nice guy in his 40's who works on process and crap like that. i sat next to him on my first day at work whilst i waited for my permanent desk to be sorted out.

anyways, whenever i see him i say hello and hows it going, and he does the same when he sees me. its just that he gets my name wrong and its been 3 months now and its far too late to tell him that its not my name. it amuses me now everytime i see him and he calls me it.

last couple of days i have started letting my guard down and have let frustration get the better of me and have struggled to keep my trap shut when something particularly annoying or silly has happened. i just need to be careful and remind myself that i am still here for the forseeable future and not to start bitching out loud.... but its very hard.

luckily its only things i have said to the guy sitting opposite me and not too many people heard my exasperation at being asked to raise countless tickets for the most trivial mundane tasks that would take 1 minute to do but take 20 minutes to raise the relevant tickets for. you do sometimes feel like just saying "just do it and cut the crap". anyways will remind myself to keep my trap shut. need to just go to my happy place (pacific beach, san diego) in my head when i feel frustration rising. will definitely go to the gym tonight to work out some of my angst.

interview tomorrow afternoon. will have to duck out of work around an hour early. depending on what the outcome is, i may book a ticket to los angeles or san francisco to fly out in september. thats upped the stakes for the interview. my sanity and a holiday are at stake now.

ha ha, so much for me watching my mouth. one of the project managers i work with just came to my desk and asked for a small change to be made on a server. i get on pretty well with him and enough to be able to joke around a little. i told him it was a 10 second job...and then jokingly said i would need a ticket raised to cover me for the work
"i need an SRM, RFS, GSR, and a BS (bullshit) ticket to be raised and i will do it". he told me he would raise a BS ticket and i told him that was fine and with a BS ticket everything is covered. ofcourse in reality i won't bother with tickets being raised. i just get shit done coz thats how we roll.

today i have mostly been listening to.... toad the wet sprocket - fall down.

No comments: