Friday 9 October 2009

maybe my last contract extension

my contract got renewed for another 3 months which will take me upto the end of january. i still had a few more weeks left before it was due to run out, but it looks like they wanted to get things done early.
i had also asked my agent about an increase in my pay. he said it wouldn't happen on this extension but that he would try again next time its up for renewal. he was bullshitting and i am a cash cow for them and i think they are taking me for granted. they clearly don't know me very well because they should be worried that their easy money will walk away, because i will. i am not like a lot of contractors that just want to find somewhere comfortable.

anyways, regardless of what their response was to be, it doesn't change my plan. i am going to test the waters and see what the market is like out there. have seen a few interesting things out there already and will go for some of them. also it works out well bacause at the end of january i will have done a full year at my current place.

thats it for this week. have been doing that thing where i have been saying to myself 'friday 3 weeks ago i was having lunch on melrose in the sunshine instead of at my desk at work'. it would be depressing but it actually makes me feel better.

i saw one of my friends that i asked to go to cali, and who turned it down (for the 2nd year in a row). he asked me how it was. i told him it was lame. all there was out there was sunshine and beaches, nice girls at beaches, lunches in hollywood, nights out at the music box, la galaxy, san francisco, san diego, driving along the pacific coast highway..... it was all pretty lame really. he then asked me if i might be going next year. yes, i think i very well might go next year, i replied. right then, i am going to try and make it on that trip, he said. in the meantime he also tried to convince one of our other friends to make plans for it next year, but he has already turned it down and listed off a ton of excuses all of which are very lame.

he started bitching to me about this other guy making excuses, and i told him to just let it go. he is a fine one to talk, after blowing it out 2 years in a row himself. i told him i was not bothered, and if i have to go solo i will do so again. i am not relying on anyone or anything. i find in cases like this its best not to pitch your destiny in with a bunch of people that couldn't organise a bum rape in a barracks.

anyways, today i have mostly been listening to perry farrell - song yet to be sung.



have a lovely weekend.

No comments: