Wednesday 28 October 2009

wallpaper

spent monday in a datancentre swapping various parts in servers. i was there for about 4 hours and spending all that time in a very dry and cold environment like that has given me a sore throat and blocked nose now. what a nice way to start the week.
its a small consollation that the weather has been very mild for the time of year. 18-19C which is very warm considering november starts at the end of this week.

am on lates this week so finish at 6pm which means i join the rush at oxford circus tube station on my way home. its absolutely insane how crowded it is every evening. an unpleasant journey but the consellation is that i only have half an hour of it.

nothing else to say. struggling to motivate myself at work but thats usual at this time of year. still not booked my exam. i will do so this week. actually, i will do it today. i have also been missing gym sessions and my revision for my exam has been sporadic as well. i just feel so lazy.

oh, one last thing. my boss just told me about a really funny incident just now. a few days ago the desktop background wallpaper on all the desktops was changed to a new design. anyways, one of the heads of the development teams downstairs spoke to my boss saying one of his developers was distraught because he had a picture of his family as his desktop wallpaper and now it was the new design and he didn't like it. my boss just thought, yeah whatever, but the guy told him that the developer was almost in tears and that now when he looks at his screen it just looks like he is staring into space. ha ha ha!!!. all this is true. he is asking for an exception to be made on his desktop so that he can put a pic of his family on there.

i don't know this guy but i can tell you that he is the laughing stock of all the admin and support teams right now. well done mate, you have made yourself look like a prick.

thank goodness its friday tomorrow.

No comments: