Friday 20 November 2009

it is a fact

exuses, excuses. do i say i was waiting for a delivery, or do i say that i needed to pick someone up from the airport, or there is always the classic, i had a dentists appointment.
i told my boss i was going to be in an hour late this morning, and not wanting to lie when i don't have to, i gave no explanation as to why. he was fine with it and didn't ask why, but its an easy thing to do to feel compelled to give more information. i didn't.

i was going to be late because i had my exam this morning. my confidence that had been building up all week and that made me bring my exam forward by a week, suddenly ebbed away last night as i was studying. christ, i don't know this shit nearly as well as i thought i did.

anyways, i go to the exam center this morning and started the exam and having done dozens of exams before i know if its going well or not. this one was not going that well. i got through it and at the end of the exam i waited expectantly for a message mocking my false confidence and saying that i should have studied another week.

to my surprise it appears my exam score was counted by the same people that counted the ballots in florida in 2000 and the same people that did the recent afghan election, because i miraculously passed, and quite comfortably as well. i had a voucher for a free re-take in case i flunked it, but its nice to know i won't need it and i will have a free weekend ahead of me, although the forecast is for rain all weekend so i may as well have been stuck indoors studying.

anyways thats me done. there are no exams that i feel i have to take for the time being. i will still read but with out exams to do. i doubt that will work well but we shall see.

in other news, i applied for another contract yesterday. we shall see what happens but the market is definitely waking up. come the new year i think its going to be interesting. am hoping i will be measuring my time at this contract in days and weeks and not months when 2010 rolls round.

today i have mostly been listening to the cure - disintegration. the title track of one of the greatest albums ever recorded. that is not my opinion. its a fact.



have a lovely weekend my friend

No comments: