Monday 2 November 2009

edge of seventeen

weather has gotten a few degrees cooler today after the unseasonably mild temperatures we had last week. its actually a lovely crisp sunny day outside.

weekend was quiet for me. gym and a little bit of study. i was a little unwell and with out wanting to go into too much detail i had issues keeping food down since thursday. i decided that i would stop eating and let my system reset its self and so i didn't eat for 3 days till yesterday, sunday. it seemed to do the trick as i seem to be fine now. this happened to me once before and i ended up not eating for 3 weeks. i lost 30lbs in the process. in comparison i think i got off easy this time.

there was no football last week as we ended up being a man down because he went to see the death metal band cannibal corpse, on that night. oh dear.

anyways its the start of a new week. am on lates which is ok and the best shift for me to be on. will carry on studying for my exam and thats it. am going out in shoreditch with the usual group of poeple that all worked at the internet company i used to work for. it should be a good night out as usual.

oh, and can i just make a point about software and microsoft. can i just say that having used windows media player to sync my new sony mp3 player, it is an experience as pleasant as being punched in the face. my playlists are messed up for no reason and music has started disappearing from my player when i know its on my computer. the syncing has a mind of its own. you might think that this might be me just being a dumb ass and not knowing how to use a computer, and although supporting servers doesn't make me qualified to use media player and an mp3 player, you would think i would have the aptitude to fix any issue, but no.

windows media player is a horse shit piece of software and yet we are on version 11. they have improved it 11 times, and its still this bad. christ on a bike!. don't assume that i am a unix/open source advocate who hates microsoft. i have made my career supporting microsoft server software. 22 certifications in microsoft software mean i am not someone who uses their products on the side and there are some great things they do, but my recent experience with media player has been terrible. no wonder google, apple and vmware are giving you a beating. maybe you should just stick to office and windows server and leave everything else to people with better ideas and understanding.

anyways enough ranting, today i have mostly been listening to stevie nicks - edge of seventeen. i was watching a documentary about fleetwood mac last night, and they had this on it and it reminded me how great a song it is. the first time i became aware of stevie nicks and fleetwood mac was when i was about 15 and i used to go round to my friends house and we would sometimes listen to some of his parents old record collection., that how i first heard stevie nicks and her unique, gravelly voice.

if you don't like this song, call an ambulance because there is something seriously wrong with you and you need to get yourself checked out by a doctor. :-)

take care my friend.


No comments: