Thursday 12 November 2009

luck

saw a peach of a job today. it looked absolutely perfect but they wanted someone to start in 10 days. arrgghh!!!!. who can start in 10 days time?. people that are sitting around the house watching day time tv and wearing sportswear on a weekday but not playing sport, thats who.

for a while i thought of going for the job and dealing with the consequences if it came through. the consequences being if i get the job, i just tell my current job that i won't be coming back in to work and leaving after a few days and breaking my contract mid way. its a shitty thing to do and i won't lie and say that money has nothing to do with it, because it does. they would definitely react badly and my name would be mud in this place. it would be a bridge permanently burnt and these people have treated my well, even when i have done the occasional fuck up.

i hope this doesn't prevent me from getting other similar roles, but actually its just struck me that i have been available quickly each time i have moved between contracts and this is the first time i will be in the midst of a contract and not able to leave with in a week or two. shit shit shit!.
am still debating going for it.

in the meantime i have sent my agent an email asking him what my notice period is. after all, they didn't give me a raise when i asked for one a couple of months ago, and i want that little fucker to know that i am serious and could walk, maybe not now but soon. that will put the cat amongst the pigeons and i don't want them to get too comfortable. i don't want me to get too comfortable either hence the need to move on soon.

sometimes it all comes down to luck.....



UPDATE: i just went ahead and applied for that job. if they don't get back to me thats fine, and if they get back to me but reject me that fine as well. i am not going to reject myself without even trying.

No comments: