Thursday 31 March 2011

interpol

was a bit angry in my last post. it was written on my phone whilst sat at a desk at work with nothing to do. one day i am going to get a contract and will start working quickly as opposed to being made to sit at a desk like a lemon for a couple of weeks, with nothing to do. also i was talking shit when i said i had never started a contract like this. fact of the matter is that most of them have involved me sitting on my own at a desk for a few days....or weeks with nothing to do. its a good thing i have this blog to remind me, because it looks like i have the ability to delude myself and block out the bad times. still, i suppose selective amnesia is not a bad thing in this case.

i feel much better today partly because i was introduced to some people in another office, that i will be working with eventually, and partly because i got internet access on my pc at work so i applied to a load of jobs and it looks like i have a telephone interview next week and i also got a lot of calls about other contracts. that always lifts the spirits a bit. will walk away from my current contract if any of these others comes up.

today i have mostly been listening to intepol - lights. i heard a new interpol song a few months ago and i wasnt that impressed with it, but this is much more like it. i really do think they are quality band and i can not recommend their first album 'turn on the bright lights' highly enough. for me it is one of my most favourite albums ever. if you have the means i highly recommend you pick up a copy.....then book a plane ticket to california....rent a car.....and drive around LA at night with it playing on the stereo....or just stick it on your mp3 player or stereo and prepare to listen to an album thats more sincere, intelligent and interesting than nearly everything else around at the moment.






No comments: